Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday - Tumbledown; Robert Boswell


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This week's pick is by a new to me author:

Tumbledown; Robert Boswell
August 6, 2013 - Graywolf Press

At age thirty-three, James Candler seems to be well on the road to success. He’s in line for a big promotion at Onyx Springs, the treatment facility where he’s a therapist. He has a fiancée, a sizable house, and a Porsche.

But . . . he’s falling in love with another woman, he’s underwater on his mortgage, and he’s put his hapless best friend in charge of his signature therapeutic program. Even the GPS on his car can’t seem to predict where he should turn next. And his clients are struggling in their own hilarious, heartbreaking ways to keep their lives on track. How can he help them if he can’t help himself?
   
In Tumbledown, Robert Boswell presents a large, unforgettable cast of characters who are all failing and succeeding in various degrees to make sense of our often-irrational world. In a moving narrative twist, he boldly reckons with the extent to which tragedy can be undone, the impossible accommodated.

11 comments:

  1. Oh, another one that looks like my kind of read! Thanks for sharing...and, of course, it's going on my list!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of this book before but it sounds like a good one to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool pick. thanks for sharing.

    new follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of this one...adding it to my list! Here's my WoW:

    http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-new-barbara.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover seems to fit the story perfectly. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really interesting. I hadn't heard of this one before. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds good, but I agree with Kathy, it sounds sad!

    Never heard of a mortgage being "underwater" before, but this is the second time in the last 3 days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This title is new to me. I hope you enjoy it, Diane!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.